Ghanaian News

Bank of Ghana to double gold reserve by end of 2023, says Governor

The Bank of Ghana (BoG) has added over 7.70 tonnes of monetary gold to the existing 8.7 tonnes of gold reserves as of June 30, the central bank Governor, Ernest Addison, has said.

Addison said this has been made possible through the domestic gold purchase programme.

According to him, mining firms accounted for about 80% and the remaining 20% from the artisanal small-scale mining sector through an approved aggregator.

Speaking at the 4th edition of the just ended Ghana Mining Expo on Friday (14 July), Addison said the bank is poised to double its reserves by the end of this year.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button