Nine aspirants have successfully filed their nominations to contest the parliamentary primaries in the North East Region on the ticket of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), the party announced.
The NPP lost two seats – Nalerigu-Gambaga and the Bunkpurugu constituencies to the NDC – in the region in the 2020 general elections.
Other constituencies in the region are Walewale, Yagaba-Kubori, Chereponi and Yunyoo.
The aspirants who have filed their nominations to contest in the parliamentary primaries in the two orphaned constituencies are as follows:
- Abdulai Fuseini Nureini
- Alhaji Mumuni Mohammed Nurudeen
- Adams Cyban Jimbi Issahaku
- Lawyer Mohammed Somo Nasigri
- Hajia Mahama Rashida (current MCE for East Mamprusi Municipal)
- Gideon Mahami Grumah
- Adam Abdul-Bashiru
- Lawyer Sulley Sambian (Current NDA boss and North East Regional General Secretary of the NPP)
- Solomon Boar Namliit (former North East Regional Minister)
A date is yet to be set to vet the aspirants.